Kentucky Couple Charged After Trying to Sell Toddler for Cash, Car


I am shocked at the things people will do for money:

A couple are charged with trying to sell a 15-month-old girl for $3,000 and a sport-utility vehicle.

Charles G. Hope Jr., 32, and Amber M. Revlett, 26, both of Owensboro, planned to use the money to pay off his fines for previous criminal charges, said Daviess County Sheriff's Lt. Bill Thompson. They were arrested Friday.

Thompson said it started out Wednesday as a joke between the couple and two women, but it became apparent that Hope and Revlett weren't kidding.

"This is one of those things that worked out, and, luckily, we were able to do this before they were able to sell the child to someone who may not have contacted law enforcement," Thompson said.

Hope told the Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer that he wasn't trying to sell his girlfriend's little girl.

"I love her babies, I love my babies, and people don't have enough money to get any of my kids," he told the newspaper.

Hope said the two women he's accused of trying to sell the baby to were just trying to get the child for themselves.

"They said something to (Revlett) about giving us $500 for temporary custody to take her to New Mexico and I said, 'Well, give me $3,000 and your truck,"' Hope said. "The next thing I know, I'm sitting here accused of trying to sell my kid ... . I know they don't think I'm serious, they just want her."

Thompson said Revlett's three children were placed in the custody of child protective services. Selling a child for adoption is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

SOURCE


Comments

Popular Posts