Liv Tyler Talks About Her Post Pregnancy Baby Weight Struggle


One of the first thoughts that goes through every new moms mind after the baby arrives safely is how can I get this weight off?

The majority of women in the world do not have personal trainers that will whip our butts twice a day, nor do we have personal chefs or nannies.

It is hard to relate to a celebrity after they have had a baby because they rebound so quickly.

Liv Tyler spoke to You Magazine about her struggles after she had her son Milo in 2004. Liv has always been voluptuous and that makes her someone that most women can relate to. She reveals that she was not "one of those women who dropped pounds instantly when I was breastfeeding. Actually, I got so homely I was ravenous for things like doughnuts and cakes."

She was determined to be a stay at home mom for the first year and found herself "hibernating" inside the house, until she had a rude awakening about her weight.

I can remember walking down the street one day – I was going to the nail salon – when ... a photographer took my picture," she recalls.

"I was wearing a very unflattering shirt that I had worn when I was pregnant and a pair of sweat pants, and when the picture appeared in a magazine they ran a caption asking if I was pregnant again. When I saw it I said, 'I think the holiday is over.' "

Once focused on taking action, "I did a million different things," she says. "I would be on a strict protein diet and then a raw diet, and then I would do colonics and fasting. And I did Pilates, yoga and working out with my trainer."

As the face of Givenchy cosmetics, Tyler also admits to discussing moisturizers with an unlikely partner: her craggy-faced Aerosmith frontman father. "My dad, Steven Tyler, and I always talk about creams!" she says.

Still, for all her healthy habits, Tyler has one vice she knows she must conquer. "I'm afraid I smoke sometimes. I did give up for a long time when I had Milo, but on my last film my character smoked and that was bad for me," she says. "I don't like it, but I secretly love it. I know it's terrible."

It is important for all women to know that most new moms struggle with their weight and some celebrities who are brave enough to admit it!

SOURCE


Comments

Popular Posts