Keisha Castle-Hughes Talks About Motherhood at 17


Keisha Castle-Hughes has opened up about becoming a mom at 17.

"I just didn't expect [the media attention]," the Whale Rider Oscar nominee tells the New Zealand edition of The Australian Women's Weekly.

"Absolutely everyone in the country had something to say about it. I thought, 'At the end of the day, I am going to be the one looking after this baby in the middle of the night and it doesn't affect you.' "

The actress, who turned 17 in March, and her boyfriend of four years, Bradley Hull, 20, welcomed daughter Felicity-Amore in April. She admits: "Yes, I was scared when I found out I was pregnant. But if I got pregnant when I was 27, I would have been scared too because it is a huge step."

At a week past her due date, she began three grueling days of labor. But when she was finally able to hold her daughter, "it was just the most amazing moment," she says. "For the last three days I had been in the worst agony of my life and right then I forgot every single minute of it. I just thought, 'I'd do this all over again.' "

These days, she's like any new mom: sleep-deprived. "I'd be up checking, checking, checking, being paranoid," she says. "I remember when one of my friends had a baby she said it was like that in the first few weeks. And I said, 'If I had a baby I would just sleep the whole time and I probably wouldn't even wake up for it.' But it's so true because this little person relies on you and I know if anything happened, it would be my fault."

This family looks adorable together. Felicity-Amore is very cute.

My only issue with getting pregnant at such a young age is that you can't go back. You should be with your friends hanging out and building a strong educational base for your future.

Keisha already has a career, that pays her well. She is able to afford help if she needs it. This is a luxury that a regular 17 year old doesn't have.

SOURCE, PHOTOCREDIT


Comments

Popular Posts