The New Best Friend:The Crockpot!


When I got married 7 years ago we received a crock pot. Because I didn't have any room in my kitchen, I stored it away safely in my basement with the rest of the stuff I didn't ask for.

While watching something on TV a few months ago, I got the urge to dust my pink crock pot off and try a simple recipe - beef stew.

I cut up 3 carrots, 2 potatoes, 3 stalks of celery, a 1/2 of a small turnip and threw them all into my pot. To this I added 1 pack of stewing beef, 2 cups of water, 1 pk of clubhouse 'slowcooker beef stew seasoning' and set it on high.

In just an hour, I could start to smell my creation coming together, by 4 hours it was ready to be enjoyed.

The end result - a wicked dinner with very little work. My crock pot makes me look like a superstar!

The meat is SO tender and the veggies have amazing flavoring through them.

I have since tried chicken cacciatore, a pork roast, turkey soup and turkey chili. Everything always comes with lots of flavor and meat that is so tender, it makes me look like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen.

I highly recommend busy moms investing in one of these cookers for the winter.

TIP: If you have trouble with recipe ideas, the pre-packaged seasoning department at the grocery has a bunch of slow cooker packs with easy recipes on the back. You'll find roast, ribs, pulled pork and stew recipes in this section.


Comments

I am also a new found crockpot fan. Here is a blog all about crockpot recipes! Try the korean ribs. YUM! Enjoy.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
I saw this site on Rachel Ray but couldn't remember the URL.

Thank you!

Popular Posts