Brooke Shields Talks Motherhood In Cookie Magazine


Lipstick Jungle star Brooke Shields and daughters Rowan and Grier get the cover of this months Cookie Magazine.

In the interview Brooke talks about her childhood, career and being a mom.

Here are some highlights:

On good manners:

"There are so few children I like," she declares. "If you're not polite, you can't come to my house. Manners [represent] respect and kindness. I want people to like my kids, and if they're bratty, they'll have a harder time in life."
On being as involved as possible:
"My version of being selfish has shifted," Shields says. "My old version was to be comfortable, to get sleep and exercise. Now it's my children's worlds. They're not going to remember Mom was tired. They're going to remember I did the weather chart or story time at school. So you just do it. And you're tired." And at times, slaphappy, like when her daughters make her play My Little Pony. "I sit there and think, My brain's turning to mush!" But that's okay, since "it's the mundane stuff that's important,"
Her perfect night:
checking e-mail on her laptop while her hubby watches TV. That familiar comfort, she insists, is "as important as getting dressed up and going out."


Comments

Popular Posts