Do You Know Which Foods To Avoid While Breast Feeding


Our new baby has been a little fussy at night lately and I think it may have something to do with the foods I am eating.

While I was pregnant someone told me that the baby would tolerate all of the foods I ate while I he was inutero.

Now that he is here, I am pretty sure that this 'fact' is wrong because I haven't changed my diet one bit and Mr. Baby is NOT happy with me...

After a bit of a search I have realized that everything I eat is on the 'do not eat while breast feeding' list

Here is what I found:

  • chocolate
  • spices (cinnamon, garlic, curry, chili pepper)
  • citrus fruits and their juices, like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit
  • strawberries
  • kiwifruit
  • pineapple
  • the gassy veggies (onion, cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, and peppers)
  • fruits with a laxative effect, such as cherries and prunes.
Apparently a daily cup or two of coffee is fine, but too much caffeine can interfere with your baby's sleep or make him fussy.


Comments

Popular Posts