Thursday, August 13, 2009
RECALL: 1.6 Million Little Tikes™ Toy Workshop Sets and Trucks Due to Choking Hazard
The firm has received one report of an 11-month old boy from Goose Creek, S.C. who choked when the toy nail become forcefully lodged in his throat. The child was hospitalized and made a full recovery.
The oversized, plastic toy nail is about 3 ¼ inches long by 1 ¼ inch in diameter and comes in red or blue colors. It has a large round head; about 1 ¼ inches below the head is a plastic ridge, slightly smaller than the nail head and about 1 inch in diameter. They were sold with a variety of Little Tikes Children’s products. The names, model numbers and UPC code of the products included in this recall are listed below:
Consumers should immediately take the toy nails away from young children and contact the firm for a free replacement toy nail.
For additional information, contact Little Tikes at (800) 791-2737 between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. ET Saturday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.littletikes.com