Sunday, October 17, 2010
CPSC Reminds Parents About The Dangers Of Baby Monitor Cords
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning parents and caregivers about the dangers of placing baby audio and video camera monitors too close to cribs, bassinets, play yards and other safe sleep environments for babies. Since 2004, CPSC has received six reports of infants who were strangled by baby monitor cords placed too close to the crib. The most recent death occurred in March 2010, when a 10-month-old female from Washington, D.C. became entangled in the camera monitor cord next to her crib and died of strangulation. CPSC has also received three reports of infants who became entangled with cords around their necks, but were freed by caregivers without serious injury.
CPSC offers the following safety tips to prevent deaths and injuries associated with baby monitor cords:
Safety tips for other corded products:
posted by Growing Your Baby at 10/17/2010 12:26:00 am