|Traveling with kids can be stressful - especially if you haven't brought the right gear. Carrying a heavy baby through the airport, paying extra to check gear and having your little one get lose on the plane can get an relaxing vacation off to a rocky start.|
From experience, these are my top picks for travel gear for parents. Cleanliness, convenience and safety are all important to every parent. Having a couple pieces from our list will help with this!
- My Carry Potty($25)
-Designed for roadtrips or outdoor excursions, the my carry potty will
ensure that your child always has a clean place to pee. Once their done
it's airtight seal will keep it leak free until you can find a bathroom
to empty it. Portable, clean and convenient!
- Kokopax Carrier($99 - $180) - I am in love with my Kokopax Carrier. It is the most stylish way to carry your little one while out sightseeing or navigating through the busy crowds. It's clever design allows your child to sit up high enough to see everything without putting a strain on your back. I can't recommend this carrier enough. I have used mine everywhere - grocery store, park and even around the house when Mr. Fussy won't let me get anything done. Comes in 3 styles
- phil&teds lobster travel highchair - Designed for kids 6 months to 3 years, this portable clip-on highchair is both compact(weighs 3.9lbs) and convenient. It can fit easily in your carry-on or can be packed in your suitcase. The included tray will ensure that you never worry about your child eating off a dirty public table again.
- Gogo Kidz Travelmate($79)
- This convenient 'travelmate' is the perfect option for parents who
want to bring their own car seat instead of renting one when they reach
their destination. The board attaches to any seat easily, allowing it
to be rolled through the airport like a suitcase. We have used our gogo
Kidz Travelmate on many occasions and love it. It always gets a lot of
attention from other travelers as we roll our little one through the
- Safe2go Child Safety Harness($25) - This cute character backpack, which conceals that it is actually a child safety harness.
The backpack/safety harness is equipped with adjustable padded shoulder
and waist straps. It comes with a retractable 38" tether which can hold
children up to 50 lbs and can be retracted into the pack when not
needed. There is room in the backpack for a small toy or snack
- Alpha Sherpa($80) - This full featured backpack is perfect for traveling
parents. You can load all of your necessities into it, throw it on your
back and then have your hands free to push a stroller or hold your child's hand. Features a soft sided cooler uniquely integrated into the diaper bag backpack
to store bottles, snacks, beverages, medication (holds 6-8 canned
beverages)Change pad included as is a cell phone/IPod pouch slot and a sunglass case.
- CARES Airplane Harness($60)
- If you don't have room for a car seat but want your child to be in a
secure harness on the airplane CARES is the piece of gear for you. It comes in a travel bag, installs in seconds and keeps your little on secure in
their seat. Also adjusts to fit almost every size airplane seat and is designed for children 1 year and older weighing 22-44 pounds and up to 40" tall.
Labels: Alpha Sherpa, GoGo Kidz Travelmate, Kokopax Child Carrier, Safe2Go Harness, Traveling with kids