Octuplet Mom Sits Down With Ann Curry


Octuplet Mom, Nadya Suleman, sits down with NBC's Ann Curry for her first TV interview since she gave birth to her 8 babies last Monday.

The soon-to-be busy mom admits that she has always longed for a big family as an only child.

"That was always a dream of mine, to have a large family, a huge family, and -- I just longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I really lacked, I believe, growing up," Nadya said during the interview.

"I didn't feel as though, when I was a child, I had much control of my environment," she told Curry. "I felt powerless. And that gave me a sense of predictability. Reflecting back on my childhood, I know it wasn't functional. It was pretty dysfunctional, and whose isn't?"

Suleman's mother, Angela Suleman, had told Usmagazine.com exclusively that her daughter did blame her childhood on her desire to have so many kids.

"She was always upset I didn't have more," Angela told the mag. "But I don’t think she really knew. If she had brothers and sisters, I don’t think she would have been happier."
In the interview, Suleman -- who already had six children before giving birth to the octuplets -- confirmed that the same donor, a friend, was used for all 14 kids and that all of the children were conceived through in vitro fertilization.

"I went through about seven years of trying -- through artificial insemination," Suleman said. "And through medication. And all of which was unsuccessful. And then the first -- IVF procedure from that-- from that facility -- it was successful. And then I just kept going in."

I can't help but think that this interview is a publicity stunt devised by Nadya's new publicist to drum up support so that she can change her public image and possibly get some corporate sponsorship.

A first look at the exclusive interview will air on NBC's Today Friday.


Comments

Anonymous said…
All I want to know is how was all this paid for? How are the medical bill for the octuplets being paid? For that matter, how are the medical bills for her other 6 children being paid? Is she on MediCal? As a resident of CA who pays taxes it angers me to think my tax dollars are going towards any of this. The state of CA is broke and sending out IOUs and this women is having babies planted in vetro when she is unemployed? Where is the money coming from?
Anonymous said…
What an idiot.
Anonymous said…
Do we look like idiots - how can someone even imagine having so many kids and managing them. Did she forget that it costs money, or does she think money grows on trees.
I am sure all this was well planned and executed - she probably knows that she will be getting all kinds of offers and also has hired a spokesperson, perhaps publicity person, hollywood contacts, etc.
Hey maybe she is a lot smarter than we give her credit for.
I am going to go have me a bunch of 16 kids.
Anonymous said…
How will she support fourteen children without a job?She wants to go back to school to recive an education perhaps she should have thought about that before trying invitro yet again,Someone in her family should have enlightened her about how expensive it is to have children in today's society.
Anonymous said…
Hi Anonymous. Guess who's going to be paying for this? You and me!!! She said she wasn't going to ask the government for any money, but I don't see another way for her to pay for the children. She doesn't have a job and she is going back to school.
Anonymous said…
I think the media should just completely ignore her!!! - give her no book deals, no money for interviews, let her deal with the kids on her own with no public assistance. She wants 14 kids without a father and no income, then she should figure it out...that duh... education first then kids. I think the public and media should just forget this person exists. She is definitely looking for a payout.
Anonymous said…
this woman is an iraqi and shouldnt even be in this country let alone living off the system. she has now hired a p.r. spokesperson to tone down how she looks in the public eye. she has never worked and has called herself a professional studant from all the grant money she receaves.
Anonymous said…
This really upsets me. Not from the mom's point of view, but the children. How on earth can one provide physically, emotionally, and financially for 14 children. Quite simply, one can't. Even is she was finacily indedpendent or a recent lottery winner, one person cannot care for eight premature babies while have six other young children to begin with. How much one on one time does she think she will be able to spend with each of the 14 kids on a daily basis?

This lady should have definetly gone to a psychiatrist to address her loneliness issues prior to bringing 14 children into the world. And she wants to go to school to be a counselor. Does she want to counsel people on family planning??!!!
Anonymous said…
If she had 14 cats, there would be intervention.
Anonymous said…
If it wasn't so obvious that this woman is mentally unbalanced, I would say that her behavior is grotesquely irresponsible. She already had six children, for which she could not provide food and clothing, so what was she doing back at this fertility clinic trying to have even more children? My guess is that within the coming year, many of these children will be put for adoption, especially if the media finally realizes what is going on and refuses to pony up and pay this nut-case money for more babbling interviews.
Anonymous said…
What an idiot says it all!!! This woman is mentally unbalanced in so many ways. But a better question is about the doctors who allowed her to have this many children to begin with. She is an idiot but their behavior borders on criminal. They should have their license pulled and she should be in a mental instutition.
Anonymous said…
I heard that the medical bill alone will amount to almost four million. This woman should be thrown into jail for negligence. Better yet, send her back to Iraq... I am sure Iraq can find room for six boys in the military..... Freaking moron..

Popular Posts